Friday, October 20, 2017

Now that’s an e-Portfolio!

When I began teaching 2311, I discovered the e-portfolio as a job search attribute while looking at the textbook as I designed the class.  It intrigues me, as an assignment to give to the class, as well as a useful tool.

I’ve never used an e-portfolio in my job search, but in the future, I plan to use it when the opportunity presents itself.  It’s a great way for employers to get to know you.  You can showcase yourself, and the employer can see who you are before ever meeting you.

If you look at my e-portfolio, you will learn about me as a professor.  You can see what classes I have taught, view sample syllabi, as well as sample assignments.  Also, you can see where I’ve worked and my letters of recommendation.  You get an overall picture of me.  One thing I eventually want to include is videos of me teaching classes.

When viewing my e-portfolio, you can get a good view of me as a writer.  I include many of my writings, both published and unpublished.  I think I show my writing skills successfully.  I have this section for two reasons, other than just to showcase my writing skills.  I want people to read my work, and I want to inspire people with my writing.


Overall the e-portfolio is a great way to showcase yourself.  Even if you don’t use it to showcase yourself, it’s a great way to create a monument to remember your successes in life.