Tuesday, September 5, 2017

What I Learned Last Week... (Rather... What I Taught Last Week...)

Last week was about plagiarism, Technical Writing, and ethics.  All of these are important to a professional person.  Ethics and plagiarism go hand in hand because avoiding plagiarism requires you to be ethical.

All in all, last week was a refresher for me.  I also discussed some of the same topics in 1301, which was funny.  Plagiarism is taught in all levels of English courses in college. It's one of those lessons that you need to be reminded of over and over again.

As an English professor, I'm responsible for teaching future employees, business owners, and the like the lesson of plagiarism, so it's vital that I fully understand it.  I've been accused of plagiarizing, and I've been plagiarized, so I feel qualified to teach it.

#ethicallyrequiredtoteachstudents